Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Veganism myths debunked

Infographic: Veganism myths debunked | MNN - Mother Nature Network

I stumbled upon this link on twitter and thought it was a really great way to compare vegans to meat eaters... While I am still a meat eater I really want to start reducing my meat, dairy and wheat consumption... a challenge for someone that loves bread, cheese and meat.

I have seen a lot of people who are Vegans get criticized for being Vegan and the critics saying they don't look healthy or they aren't getting enough protein from vegetables. I would say from all the food information that I have been gathering as of late that you can have a fully balanced diet but it does require some work and creativity to maintain it. For someone that has grown up in a protein and carb environment it's a tough shift to figure out what to eat that will satisfy the same food cravings. But I know a lot of Vegans and I know it can be done. I don't know if I will ever get there.....for me it's like staying on a diet... it's where I drop the ball of self control. I am still a work in progress and hope to constantly move toward the healthy in the future.

I am finding that it is getting harder and harder to trust our food supply and feel that going back to buying food from local farmers that you can actually talk to makes them accountable and keeps you safer in the long run. They don't hide behind massive corporations with mega legal departments and PR firms ready to spin an issue on a dime.

I get excited to see organic grocery stores open up and more farmers markets in the city and hope that we show retailers that we want safe organic foods and want to trust in what we buy in the stores. Protest with your feet... support best business practices for a healthier future for the next generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.