Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sh*T happens in the KitchenS


Sometimes stuff doesn't go as planned in the kitchen even when you know what you are doing or have made something many times before. S%!T Happens.

Here is my example of the day:

Look at the picture of the frying pan above. It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it but there is a big OH NO with it.
I wanted to make some frozen Pot sticker dumplings for lunch today and grabbed a frying pan but the pan I grabbed didn't have a lid so I just grabbed a lid from a big pot. One of those I thought it was a good idea at the time. I put some oil in the pan then tossed in the pot stickers and then added some water to steam them and then put the lid on top and left it to cook for a few minutes. So far so good... but then when I went to lift the lid to see if it was cooked all the way it wasn't budging.. I yanked on the lid as hard as I could but I guess with the steam it made a vacuum and shut it tight. So now my lunch is stuck in the pan and I can't get the lid off. I don't know what to do with this thing now. Do I ruin the lid and take a screwdriver to it to pry it open or do I chuck the whole thing with the dumplings in it? What would you do?

I have made dumplings at least a dozen times but have used different pans and lids so this has never happened. There is always a first time for something you have done with success in the past to go wrong. So if your souffles plop or your grilled cheese burns don't worry... S%1T happens and hopefully it won't happen the next time you do it. But if your souffles keep flopping then maybe its' time to fin another recipe or find something else to make.

Keep cooking and roll with the screw ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.