This past weekend some of the Food Revolution Day Ambassadors in Toronto got together for Brunch to chat about all of our individual Food Revolution Day plans.
Food Revolution Day - 15 MAY 2015
We have lot's of events leading up to the day and afterward.
This year we have a lot of different things on the go.
1. The first one coming up is Dorothy Pang's Vegetarian Culinary Competition at Nella Cucina on Bathurst Street in Toronto on Sat. April 25th. I will be one of the judges along with fellow ambassador Carol Harrison.
2. Susan Ng will be getting my Grade 13 school Northview Heights involved on May 15th with some cooking classes.
3. Mardi Michels and Mary Catherine Anderson will be hosting a parent and child hands on class at Royal St. George College on Food Revolution Day.
4. Chef Mary Hulbert will do a cooking class for an after school program at St. Alban's Boys and Girls Club on Food Revolution Day.
5. Christine Barisheff will have events at Jean Augustine Centre for Youth Empowerment and also and adult event at Cirillos Culinary Academy.
6. Jen Farr will be hosting a Food Revolution Day party at her home on May 16th.
7. Carol Harrison is going to be doing a cooking demo with her kids on Rogers television and has plans to do some in school cooking classes.
Thank you to our Host venues:
- Hendrix Restaurant Equipment
- Nella Cucina
- Cirillos Academy
- Northview Heights SS.
- Royal St. George's College
- St. Alban's Boys and Girls Club
- Jean Augustine Centre for Youth Empowerment
We also rely on assistance for our food, supplies and prizes to make these events successful.
My sponsors include:
Sobeys for food donations and prizes
Fresh City Farms with generous support of fresh vegetables for the photo above, cooking demo and gift certificates for a prize draw.
Good Food For Good for fabulous products for recipe demo and prize draw
Aroma Espresso Bar for having a special Food Revolution Day Special on May 15th which includes a Chopped Salad, Mediterranean Sandwich and a free Mint Tea. They are also providing gift cards.
Other sponsors contributing to other Ambassador Events include:
An easy way for you to participate without leaving your chair is to Sign Jamie Oliver's Petition for Food Education here: www.change.org/jamieoliver Sign it!. and Share it!
For more information about Food Revolution Day on how you can join us check the website at:
Follow the global hashtag feed #foodrevolutionday
and the Toronto team at #foodrevTO
Follow me @lindamatarasso on Twitter and Instagram
or Join the Toronto Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/FoodRevolutionDayToronto