Friday, January 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese in the City


I had to go to an appointment at Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto yesterday and had some time before my appointment so I stopped into a new Grilled Cheese Restaurant just south of Eglinton on the West side of Yonge Street. You will see a huge black and yellow sign that says CONSTRUCTION site but it's Grilled Cheese. I noticed this place go up a few months ago and since I am a Cheeseaholic I decided to check it out yesterday.

They have Savoury and Sweet Grilled Sandwiches. They had a Smores sandwich that intrigued me but I went in for lunch so I didn't try it.

That had 2 daily specials which seem to change everyday. I had one of the Specials. It was a pulled pork, arugula and oca cheese on a caraway bread. It was $10 and came with chips and a dipping sauce. I didn't finish the chips and probably would have preferred a coleslaw type of salad with it but that sandwich was delicious and an interesting combination. It didn't ooze cheese because Oka isn't an oozing cheese but they put in 2 slices on each side of the bread so it was nicely distributed in the sandwich.

The prices seem to vary but all under $10 for a sandwich. You might think it's expensive for a sandwich but it's a nice change from the regular sub and sandwich joints so I would recommend checking it out once and a while especially if you Looovveee Cheeeese like me.

for more info go to their website http://grldcheese.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.