Thursday, June 25, 2015

Beretta launches a better hot dog


It was a hot, windy and sunny day in Toronto and I was invited to go to a Rooftop BBQ on top of the Burroughs Building on Queen Street in Toronto.  So how could I say no to that?  
The reason for the BBQ was to sample some of Beretta Farms hot dogs with lot's of accompanying condiments. Just in time for BBQ season if the weather gets a bit warmer and a little more consistent.   Walter caesar cocktails were also on hand for people that enjoy a caesar with their hot dog.  There were 3 different hot dogs on the barbie.  Beef, chicken and turkey.  I tried 2 out of the 3 of them.  I had the Beef and the Chicken and I also had some fries that were super flavourful but I don't know who made them.

What's different about Beretta's hot dogs is what's not in them.
Beretta’s contain no nitrates, other than those naturally occurring in cultured celery juice. Their hot dogs are made from exclusively Canadian-reared animals all raised without the use of antibiotics or hormones.  Beretta’s hot dogs are made with premium proteins, and no mystery meat.

Each package contains 6 wieners, is 375 grams and is sold for $10.99. Shoppers can find Beretta’s new line of organic hot dogs at select locations where Beretta is sold.

On the way out I received a bag with a bacon glazed doughnut but I was already stuffed by that point.

Disclaimer:  The meal was complimentary but the opinions in this post are my own.  Assorted hot dog photo image provided by ButterPR.
Photo collage images by Linda Matarasso

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.