Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Green Eggs

I got a little creative with my breakfast this morning this St. Patrick's Day.


I was feeling Green today so I decided to make some Green eggs and ham my way.


It started with what was in my fridge. I had some leftover egg whites that I wanted to use so I decided to make scrambled eggs and then thought maybe I can make them green too.  So here's what I did so you can make it too.

INGREDIENTS:

2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup of fresh baby spinach
2 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
1 green onion
Prosciutto

DIRECTIONS:

In a blender add the cup of spinach the garlic clove, salt, pepper and the olive oil. Add half of the green onion and reserve the other half for garnish.  Blend until it breaks down into a liquid.  You can add water or oil if it doesn't blend.  Add the egg and blend to combine.

In a frying pan on medium heat add a tsp of oil coat the pan and add prosciutto and cook until crisp.  Remove from pan and set aside.

Before adding the eggs put your bread into the toaster so that it's ready when the eggs are ready.

Pour the spinach and egg mixture into the frying pan using residual oil and stir with a spatula and cook until curds form it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

You can get fancy with your plating but I just went basic to show you what I did.

Sprinkle the rest of the green onions on top of the eggs for garnish.

Since it's breakfast I made some Green Tea to go with it.  But if breakfast starts at noon for you feel free to have some Green Beer if you like.  This Breakfast can be eaten at any time of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.