Sunday, September 24, 2017

Travel Massive 7th Anniversary




Event:           Travel Massive 7th Anniversary
Location:      Trillium Park Ontario Place
Date:             August 23, 2017
Website:       Travel Massive

I have only been a Travel Massive Toronto Chapter member since 2016 so I have only had a chance to experience about a half a dozen of their local events but they have all been really fun and interesting but I have to say their 7th Anniversary event was the best one I have attended so far.

I joined the Travel Massive group to be able to expand my opportunities and find out more about travel blogging.  I have been blogging about Toronto mostly and would like to expand to Travel food blogging so I thought joining Travel Massive would give me some great insights.  So far I haven't been able to get too far out of Toronto but have been able to attend some fantastic Travel Massive events like one on the fairly new UP Express to a Banquet Hall and one at a downtown restaurant/nightclub for Montreal's big Anniversary year.


This event was the first one I have attended outside and although it was a trek to get there because it was at Ontario Place's new Trillium Park at the same time as the CNE was going on but it ended up being well worth the trek there.

It was my first look at the new Trillium Park at Ontario Place in a formerly really boring undeveloped area of the Park.  Now there is an open air Pavillion, a summit, trails, garden and my favourite part was the big fire pit.

We sampled really great appetizers while our hosts provided information about Ontario Parks all being showcased in the Ontario 150 year.  Ontario Place was also celebrating their 125 year.



They had different stations where we were encouraged to take selfies to win prizes.  There was a really fun canoe set up and a camping set up and a station where you could make a fishing lure and information provided at each booth.


The view from Trillium Park is fantastic and it was a lovely evening a bit cooler by the lake but the best part was sitting by the Big FIRE PIT making Smore's.


One of my friends even won a free stay in a YURT in the winter.  She didn't even know what a Yurt was until she won the prize so I am looking forward to hearing about that experience.


I really want to do more exploring and travelling outside of Toronto in the near future an these little events help me dream and experience new things.  If you are a travel blogger I encourage you to join Travel Massive and hang out with fellow travel adventurers.




For more info on Ontario Parks:  https://www.ontarioparks.com/

   To Join Travel Massive:  https://travelmassive.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.