Sunday, September 24, 2017

Toronto Cider Festival


Festival:     Toronto Cider Festival
Date:          August 26, 2017
Location:   Sherbourne Commons at Sugar Beach
Price:         $30 per session


My friend won tickets for the Toronto Cider Festival and asked me to join her and normally Cider Festivals are not my thing but it was a really beautiful day and it was being held by the Lake at Sherbourne Commons at Sugar Beach so I thought at least it might be nice to hang out for a bit in the sun by the lake.

This compact little festival hosted 28 Cider Vendors and about 6 food vendors.  Although light on the food vendors for my liking it was in a relatively small area and it was all about the different Ciders.  I am not a Cider lover but I did sample a few of them.  The one that stood out to me was a Blood Orange Cider as you can see I am holding it in the picture on the right.



What I was surprised to find was how well it was set up and how fun it was.   With this silly little photo area set up for a contest my friend Natalie (Cooking Quidnunc)  and I had a bit of goofy fun and entered their contest,  she is disguised as an Owl that I am shooing away or you can look at it another way depending on how much alcohol you have consumed.

We didn't try much of the food except for the Oetker pizza samples, the apple crisp pairing and some snacks but they had a few food trucks serving up some tasty looking food like this taco that the person sitting on the benches next to us were eating.  They said it was delicious and it looked pretty nice from what I could see.


It was a more mature and chill crowd than I have seen at other beverage focused festivals and it really had a fun community feel.  Although we wished there was a bit more food vendors we ended up having a really great time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.