Tuesday, January 28, 2014

No egg wasted

One of my New Years Resolutions is to try and use up all the food I buy and waste a lot less.

In an effort to try and do this I am trying to find creative ways to use up the food that can be leftover from other recipes.   Case in point: Eggs Benedict,   I had a craving for a breakfast Benny and was then left with egg whites.   I didn't want to waste them so I made meringues.   I made a lot more than I planned on and now want to find another recipe to turn them into like a Fool maybe.

I needed more egg whites to be able to whip it in the mixer so I separated more eggs and then was left with more egg yolks. And then had to figure out what to do with those so I made Aioli.

Well I ended up using the rest of the carton of eggs to do all this stuff and then was left with a blender, a mixer , pot, pan , cookie sheet and plate to wash up.

So the motto of this story is either go out for brunch if you are only one or plan your cooking a whole lot better than I did.  Or you can invite all your friends over for brunch and have them help.   I wish I had done the last one.

Here are the pictures of the spoils of my labour.






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.