Holiday Gifts Ideas
There are a few people that I know that can't for the life of them figure out what to get as gifts for people and some people like me try their best to try and come up with ideas that are either specific to the person or a general thing that would make most people happy.
Here are some of my ideas for Gifts that you can give to people that appreciate good food or for those people you have no idea what to get that will make them happy.
1. A Great Serving Platter something like this Hand Painted Plate.
2. A unique box of Chocolates or Artisanal Chocoates like these Ginger chocolates
3. A Cookbook for the Novice or Professional Chef, a Celebrity Chef book, Healthy Cooking or even an ethnic or beginner cookbook. Always helpful.
4. There's always a traditional mug but why not be not so traditional and get an Original mug or Artist original painted mug that shows the person you know what their interests are like this camera mug.
5. How about a Morter and Pestel and some whole spices to kick up their dishes to the next level. It's something most people don't think about but once they have one they use it when they want really intense flavour in their dishes.
6. Your friends and family can't cook or too busy or just hate to cook. Why not get them a gift certificate for a great local and special restaurant like Chef Lynn Crawford's RUBY WATCHCO. The menu is a prix fixe menu that changes every night. And you might see Chef Lynn cooking away in the kitchen too.
7. Ever thought outside of the box for a Foodie gift that can double as a tree ornament? How about getting your favourite baker a Specialty Cookie Cutter and tie a string on it and present it as a tree ornament that they can use to bake you some delicious cookies the following year.
8. If you are a decent baker then bake up a batch of your best cookies and present them in a Holiday Tin or Wrap them in Individual bags and tie with a pretty ribbon. People are always impressed that you went to the trouble of baking specially for them. From easy chocolate chip to fancy gingerbread. Just present it well and they will love it.
9. Present treats or any little gift in a cute little lunch bag like this that can be reused long after the treats are gone.
10. If you don't know what to get someone then why not get them a gift pack of Specialty teas and maybe present a whole Tea package. Even if they are coffee drinkers they will appreciate the gift when they have guest visiting them and they can serve them the specialty teas. No cooking skills or machines required just some tea, boiling water and a mug.
11. Is someone you know scare you when they are holding a knife? Well you can fix that by giving them a gift of a knife skills class to teach them how to wield those sharp objects without people running in the other direction.
12. And then there's always a safe bet of a movie. Or pop some popcorn and give them this Dancing Snoopy and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special or maybe a food movie on DVD or tickets to go see a great food documentary like the one I saw recently " Spinning Plates"
Don't forget the Mistletoe and Gingerbread like Snoopy is armed with.
I hope you find some of these ideas helpful if you are stumped with ideas for the perfect gift.
Foodies are really easy ...they love food and all things about food so there are endless ideas of things that would make them happy if you just look around and think outside the box.