Monday, December 5, 2011

Morning Coffee - How do you like it?


This was the Cappuccino I made this morning. What's so special about it? Not much really but unusual for me. I don't usually make coffee for myself at home but I have been trying to make great coffee at home for when I have coffee connoisseurs come and visit. Normally I am one of those people that like to go out for coffee and usually I go to Starbucks and get something like a Peppermint Mocha Latte in the afternoon when I am feeling the afternoon sugar craving slump. This morning I woke up feeling like I needed some coffee or something to satisfy me and wake me up a bit. I decided to break out the french press that I picked up recently and the Nespresso milk frother that I also got recently. The Nespresso heats and foams milk in a little kettle like maker but the only thing I would warn you is that when it froths too much it leaks out of the top of it. I haven't figured out how to stop that in time so I am still experimenting with that. I am also trying to experiment to figure out how to make the perfect cup of French Press coffee. How much coffee to add, how long to brew and temperature etc. I still have a way to go to get it perfect but the end result of todays experiment was still better than what I get out of my Tassimo brewer. Although the Tassimo brewer is the easiest thing to make lattes, cappuccino's or even chai tea, but you can't control the kind of coffee or the kind of milk you want to use so it has limitations too.

You have to decide how you like your morning coffee, whether it's just fast and easy or customized to your taste. I used Mocha Java coffee in my Cappuccino instead of Espresso because that's what I had but I will continue to experiment and see what makes the best tasting cup of coffee.

There are a lot of coffee purists out there. Some people will only drink high end coffee from fancy coffee shops and others prefer Tim Horton's and others will drink anything that has caffeine in it.

Personally I like lattes, cappuccinos and more flavoured milky coffees so I have to go to the higher end to get a better coffee.

But I don't drink coffee everyday and try and limit it to only when I really want one these days. If you have too much of it you won't be able to function without it and you won't appreciate it as much.

So save it for rainy days and special occasions and Enjoy whatever tastes good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.