Saturday, July 14, 2018

Italian Day at the Castle


Event:  Castello Italia - Italian National Day
Date:  Sunday June 3, 2018
Location:  Casa Loma in Toronto

It's taken a while to get to this post but I wanted to tell you about the FREE event I attended at Casa Loma in June.  Presented by the Consulate General of Italy this event is open to everyone to celebrate National Italian Heritage Month.  Although I am not Italian I grew up with a lot of Italian influence in the homes of my neighbours so I feel like an honorary Italian and most people think I am Italian so I know that I would feel right at home in Italy and this event was like a mini trip to an event in Italy.

When you arrive at Casa Loma there are Premium Italian made cars on display in front of the castle and then you enter and then you walk through a constant path of food vendors.  All your favourite Italian foods are there.  There is a whole room as seen below just dedicated to cheese and cured meats mostly.  Some of the dishes available were Arancini, orrichette pasta, goat cheese gelato, Ndjuia spread, Nutella pizza, regular pizza, risotto and of course there is great coffee in a couple of different places and there are a couple of bars too.  

It was a gorgeous day for this event so it was jam packed so there were long lineups for some of the food so we pretty much went from line to line but there was so much to try and I know I probably missed trying a few amazing things but I think I tried a whole lot of good stuff.

My only thing about this event was the getting there.  Casa Loma really should have a dedicated bus from one of the subway stations to get there and I can't understand why they don't.  Maybe I should have gone downtown and jumped on a tour bus to get there.  There was a shuttle but it only dropped you off at a parking lot at George Brown college so they assume you drove there.  It's great that they had a shuttle for that but it's a jaunt for ttc commuters and they should really have a bus since it's a tourist attraction.   

Anyway it was a pretty fun event and people were all dressed up pretty fancy.  There was music and all kinds of things going on so it was an event in constant motion.

This wasn't a media event for me.  My friend had an extra ticket so I joined her but if you are quick you can try and a limited amount of tickets when they become available.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.