Monday, November 28, 2016

Grey Cup at Casa Di Mama



I won an invite to go to a special party to watch the Grey Cup from Do the Daniel's instagram contest, but since I am not a football fan and don't know anything about football I asked my friend who is into sports to go in my place.  He is always looking for cool places to watch sporting events and free pizza was a bonus for sure. Thanks to Daniel I was able to send my friend Brian Moran to the special Casa di Mama house to watch the game with a few other chosen people.  Brian said he really enjoyed watching it there and he has taken a few pics and written a few words about his experience. 

Mama and Brian
Grey Cup - by Brian Moran

You can’t predict the result however, you also know it will be competitive game. And that’s exactly what happened while we watched the game and celebrated at Casa di mama and her famous Dr. Oetker pizza in Toronto.

We entered the Casa and were warmly greeted by Mama. She reminded me of a neighbour’s Nonna. She was so sweet.

The game began with Alessia Cara who seriously rocked out during the pre-game show. Great voice and style – she is awesome.

Then we checked out all the tats Dr. Oetker pizzas while waiting for the game to start. My favourite was the hot & spicy Infernal version. Let’s just say I like it spicy!

During half-time we were  treated to  the cool vibes of Brass Tracks in their basement. Think New Orleans horns meeting some very cool hip-hop beats. Perfect mash-up – the sound was vibrant and energetic.

We then settled down to watch the game and in the last few minutes the Calgary Stampeders tied it at 33-33.  Talk about exciting!


In the OT, the Ottawa Redblacks sealed the deal with a 39-33 win ! Incredibly exciting right down to the overtime!

Thanks to Dr. Oetker and Casa di Mama for inviting me to their Grey Cup bash! Great pizza, awesome people to watch with and a beautiful casa to take it all in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.