SAVE THE DATE FOR A RECIPE FOR CHANGE
PARTY FOR THE FUTURE OF FOOD!
I love to support local Charitable Events that are both fun and do a whole lot of good for a whole lot of people in the local community so I am happy to tell you about this upcoming event in February.
It combines the great food and beverages of Toronto's Top Chefs and Beverage producers to raise money for Healthy Food and Education programs for young and old alike.
Please SAVE THE DATE and pick up a Hot Ticket for this event soon.
On Thursday, February 25, 2016, Toronto’s St Lawrence Market South Tent (Lower Jarvis and
the Esplanade) will play host to FoodShare’s seventh annual RECIPE FOR CHANGE fundraising
event presented by Tangerine, with support from Hain Celestial Canada, Urbanspace Property
Group,The Daniels Corporation, St. Lawrence Market, NOW Magazine and Pattison Outdoor
Adver tising.The feast, which is second to none, boosts healthy food and Food Literacy in our
schools. Join us in supporting the next generation of healthy eaters, growers, and sharers.
As in the past, FoodShare will collaborate with chefs, brewers and master winemakers at this
year’s Party for the Future of Food.
Participating Sponsors Include:
• Colette Grand Bistro’s Executive chef Amira Becarevic and her vegan mushroom soup served with pickled mushrooms and truffle oil.
• Dailo’s Nick Lee and his Big Mac Baos
• Biff ’s Bistro’s Amanda Ray’s French bistro fare
• Mnandi’s hand crafted, Zimbabwean meat pies
• The Tempered Room featuring Chef Bertrand’s French pastries
• SOMA Chocolate makers bean to bar chocolate treasures
• Mata Petisco Bar with Felipe Faccioli
• Karelia Kitchen with Nordic open faced smorrebrod
• Santo Pecado’s Paola Solarzano’s Mexican bites
• Pizzeria Libretto with Chef Rocco Agostino
• Carmen Cocina Espanola’s Luis Valenzuela
• Sweet Sammies ice cream creations
• Beamsville Bench’s Good Earth Winery’s Therese De Grace food and wine
• A selection of Black Oak Brewing and Beau’s All Natural craft beers
• VQA Wines including offerings from Chateau des Charmes, Good Earth Winery, Grange of Prince Edward CountyVineyards and Estate, Southbrook Vineyards and Frogpond Farm Organic Winery
• Specialty coffees by Crema Coffee Co. and organic teas by The Love of Tea
FoodShare is once again engaging some of the school children they work so closely with in their various programs, to get their hands in the mix. Students from FoodShare’s work on the school farm at Bendale Business and Technical institute, will be serving guests at one of the chef stations.
This is a chance to be part of a unique annual event, to try lovingly crafted food by some of Toronto’s top toques, have it expertly paired with craft beers and wines – all while supporting a truly worthwhile cause. Pull up a seat at Toronto’s finest dining event - you won’t want to miss this!
Tickets are from $132.48–$158.85
For more event details or to purchase tickets, please visit: www.foodshare.net/recipeforchange
If you are unable to attend this event but you like the programs that this supports then please make a donation of either funds or give them some of your time to help them keep their great programs going.