Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Bake Code opens in North York


I woke up to Breakfast Television's Jennifer Valentyne saying that she was at the new Fusion Bakery Bake Code at Yonge and Sheppard this morning.  I knew it was opening this September as I have walked passed it and have seen the signs in the past couple of weeks.  It's taken over the former Second Cup space on the west side of Yonge Street.  I got up quickly and got ready to pop over for some fresh buns.  That's always a good thing.  They gave out $5 and $20 gift certificates to the first 100 people to get there during the BT live eye.


I got there just in time and used my $5 gift certificate to get a Brulee croissant and had that for breakfast and I got a Pork bun for my lunch.  I also picked up a passion fruit ice tea.


Bake Code is a European and Asian fusion bakery where you can find soft Asian buns with all kinds of flavours from sweet to savoury and also croissants and other baked goods.


They had samples of each of many of the different kinds of buns and the food was flying off the shelves.  They couldn't keep it stocked fast enough for all the BT viewers like me that dropped into the store.

I live in this area so I can tell you that there isn't anything like this in this area.  There are no bakeries so the only bread you can find is at grocery or convenience stores so there is never anything bakes fresh around this area.  This place is a great addition because you can grab a bun for breakfast, lunch or dessert and they are joined with Chatime so you can get a tea or coffee too.

It's similar to a Furama but a a touch of Dominique Ansel with French techniques and creativity.  I tasted a few really great things like the Brule croissant and a Pizza bread and a herb buns and a bunch more.

Their GRAND OPENING is September 17th at 10am.

I don't know if I will have a chance to be there for the ribbon cutting but if you can I think it would be worth checking it out.


Bake Code Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.